Saturday, July 19, 2008

Fatima Prayers


Prayers Taught By the Angel of Peace

The apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary in 1917 at Fatima, Portugal were preceded by the apparition of an angel who presented himself as the Angel of Peace.

In the spring of 1916, the angel said to the three children: "Do Not be afraid, I am the Angel of Peace; pray with me." The angel knelt down, forehead to the ground, and recited, three times, this prayer:

My God, I believe, I adore, I hope and I love you. I ask forgiveness for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not hope, and do not love you.

In the autumn of 1917 the angel brought them Holy Eucharist. He raised the chalice and the host, which remained suspended above him, then bowing down to the ground near the children, he asked them to join in reciting three times the following prayer:

Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, I adore you profoundly. I offer you the most precious body, blood, soul, and divinity of Our Lord Jesus Christ, present in all the tabernacles of the world, in reparation for the outrages, sacrileges, and indifference with which he is offended. Through the infinite merits of his most Sacred Heart and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I beg of you the conversion of poor sinners.

Prayer Taught By Mary

"When you are offering personal sacrifices, suffers, penances, say:"

O My Jesus, I offer this for love of you, for the conversion of sinners, and in reparation for sins committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

An Act of Consecration To the Immaculate Heart of Mary

O Virgin of Fatima, Mother of Mercy, Queen of Heaven and Earth, Refuge of sinners, we now consecrate ourselves to your Immaculate Heart. We consecrate to you our hearts, our souls, our bodies, our families, our country and all that we have.

So that this consecration be really effective and lasting, we renew today our baptismal vows and those of our Confirmation. We commit ourselves to living as good Christians, faithful to the Commandments of God and His Church, and faithful to the Pope's teaching. We will receive the Holy Eucharist, pray the Rosary, honor the first Saturday of the month and, especially, pray for the conversion of sinners.

We also promise, O Holy Virgin, to devote ourselves wholeheartedly to the spreading of this devotion and this consecration to your Immaculate Heart and, with your intercession, to hasten the coming of the reign of Jesus, your adorable Son and our Savior, in our hearts and in the world. Amen.

4 comments:

Heidi Hess Saxton said...

Dear Maria Therese: Thanks for stopping by the Extraordinary Moms Network. We will add you to our prayer list, that God would make His plan for your family clear. God bless you! Heidi Saxton

Rose S. said...

Great job with your new blog, sweet Maria Therese! Keep up the great work you are doing for our Lord & Lady. God bless. Rose

This_Cross_I_Embrace said...

What a beautiful blog you have created! I love it!
My husband and I are doing St. Louis de Montfort's Consecration to Mary right now (ending on the Assumption)! Our Lady is so powerful.

May God bless you, and you are in my prayers.

Mrs. Broer said...

Congratulations on the new blog! What a wonderful job you are doing. You and your husband are in our prayers for babies! (hopefully we'll both have good news sometime soon!)