Friday, January 23, 2009

The beautiful gift of the rosary

I admit I was feeling very sad about the endometriosis, the possibility of a second surgery, and especially about my inability to conceive (so disapointing and so frustrating especially when you've been trying and reading everything to increase your chances for the eighteen months you've been married! Grrrrr! LOL! I even lost weight to try to increase my chances and gave up Pepsi for awhile, but guess what? I'm still NOT pregnant! My new theory is that weight doesn't have much to do with a person's ability to try to conceive. Everyone tells me that they think it's the endometriosis and my age of almost 42 1/2, which is keeping me from being able to concieve! Being told this constantly by family and friends although it may be the truth doesn't help me. It makes me feel more anxious. I feel like I am running out of time!). My heart aches so much to be a mother and be able to hold a child in my arms. Tonight was such a night and I found myself crying and unable to sleep. Do you know what I did though? I jumped out of my bed, grabbed my rosary, and started praying. And guess what? It worked! Because now I feel much better and more hopeful!

Thank you Our Lady for the beautiful gift of the rosary! Jesus, Mary I love you! Please save souls!

If anybody who reads this could keep me in your prayers especially your rosary, I would really appreciate it! The rosary really helps give me more peace, comfort, joy, and the graces I need!

I'd also like to encourage everyone especially those also suffering from endometriosis, infertility, and other crosses to try praying the rosary! I pray that it helps you as much as it helps me!

May God Bless you.

Love,
Maria Therese :)

9 comments:

prayerfuljourney said...

I have been compelled to pray the rosary everyday this past week. It's been amazing and so helpful in healing. I hope to make it part of my daily routine...like eating and sleeping. That is wonderful that you are finding comfort as well in our dearest Mother. God bless you and you are in my prayers (and thoughts during rosary).

Beth said...

Hi Maria Therese, Thank you for the comments on my blog! I will definitely pray for you and your husband. I also had stage 4 endo and it took us 4 years to conceive. I think this is one of the most difficult crosses someone could carry - specifically a Catholic! In response to your last post, I never gave up praying for a child in 4 years. And I visited lots of churches and shrines and prayed lots of novenas. I went to Mother Teresa's home in Tijuana and they said to ask her - that giving a child to couples is her specialty! They gave me a medal and a prayer card too. We also said a novena to St. Anthony.

And I think Noah Joseph is a beautiful name! We have already chosen his middle name - Landon after my husband's dad. So we need a saint for a first name :)

regan said...

dear marie, thanks for the visit and i will certainly keep you in my prayers. believe it or not i, too, suffer from fertility problems. while i thoroughly enjoy the children i have, i've always wanted more and get frustrated with the fact that we may never have more. and i am very humbled by your situation because i've never thought a lot about how your heart must hurt. but, and there is a BUT, thanks be to GOD for His love and the gift of our faith, without which, we would not be able to carry any of the crosses which He sends our way. keep praying your rosary, the Blessed Mother is so faithful. and most of all, pray for the grace to accept the will of the Father, whatever it may be!
blessings.

Tina said...

Hi Maria Therese,

Thank you for visiting my blog. I have been praying for you and offered up your intentions during our family rosary. Like Regan, we have been trying to conceive more children. We have been trying for over two years. We feel very blessed to have our children and I can not begin to know what you must ache. The blessed mother is a comfort to all who seek her affection. I love the rosary, too. I will keep you in my prayers. Thank you very much for the comment on Jamie's blog. The bible passage is beautiful and so meaningful. The Lord is with, that I am sure of.

Please stop by my blog again sometime or mail me privately. By the way, are you still sending out St. Gianna cards? Did you know that the national shrine of St. Gerard has a little package that they send out to those who are trying to conceive? I can't find the infos, but you can call the church rectory at this link

http://www.saintlucy.net/contactinfo.htm

and they will send you a kerchief, a medal, a prayer card and some infos on St. Gerard, free of charge.

Also, do you have a saint of the year. If not, follow this link.

http://yourpatronsaint.blogspot.com/

There is a saint waiting to be with you this year.

God Bless.

Vineyard Painter said...

I say the Holy Rosary everyday w/EWTN online...and a chaplet before I fall asleep. I will include you in my prayers...and trust that all will be well.
Love and peace, Sunny

Ann said...

Maria, I've got Holy Hour tonight, and as usual I'll be praying for you!

Nicole said...

Maria,
I wanted to share my blog with you. I suffered from endometriosis for the past three years. I noticed in your blog that you chart the Creighton Method. I do too and recently had surgery for my stage 2 endometriosis. Dr. Hilgers is working with us now on my hormone levels and CM. Hope this information helps. I'll be praying for you.

Modern Catholic Mom said...

Have you looked into the NFP with a Napro technology certified fertility care practitioner they practice the Creighton model which specializes in infertility help in a church approved way.Also check out Dr.Hilgers at the Pope Paul V Institute
Ellen

Adamgv said...

Check out this new Traditionalist Catholic band that just released their first album.

From what I heard on the samples site, they sound really good.

Introducing the new Christian National Anthem: Guns & Jesus.


http://ccrg.info/cas.htm