Monday, April 27, 2009

I took a pregnancy test and....

Thank you to everyone who posted a reply below!

I did take a pregnancy test today and it was a big fat negative. I was so disapointed. Again, I had gotten my hopes up that I was pregnant. After taking the test and seeing the BFN result though, I re-read the directions of the test. Guess what it said? Drinking a lot of fluids before taking the test can affect the result. Well, right before running over to the store to buy the test I drank about two bottles of water. Oops!

I still have this feeling that the test result was correct and I'm not pregnant though because the only symptom I have is the absence of my period.

The question is, how do I chart this on my Creighton chart? Green stamps through the rest of the cycle and the next line on the chart too until the period decides to show up?

Also, if you don't have a period one cycle does that mean I'm probably not going to ovulate this cycle? And I probably won't ovulate again until after the period arrives?

Do you think I should call my Napro doctor and tell them my period never showed up? Yeah, now I fear that it might never return. When I signed the permission papers for the two procedures I remember reading that there were certain risks to the surgery and this was one of them.

If this isn't a pregnancy, I really hope and pray that the period will return next cycle! Gee, did I really just type that? LOL! I have to admit that in one way it's nice not getting a period and having to deal with the pain, fearing the endometriosis might return again, more endometriomas might form, ect. But darn it, I do need that period to return if I ever want to get pregnant and have a baby!

I guess I will just have to do what I always do: continue to pray, trust in God, and have faith! Now where did I put my rosary beads? That's what I do when I'm nervous, worried, or upset about something. I pray the rosary. It really helps me, gives me such peace, and comfort.

Thanks again everyone!

May God Bless you.
MT :)

10 comments:

JellyBelly said...

do you have a requisition for peak +17 blood work? if you haven't gotten your period by peak +17 i would definitely ask your doctor for bloodwork.

i'm not a charting expert but i'm sure that you should chart your observations like normal.

i'm so sorry that you got a BFN. they always hurt.

hugs and prayers to you!

deedee-7766 said...

my period has gotten a bit messed up after my laps...first of all, is it just a few days late? i have to read further (cannot believe i am following this for another woman, lol)...

after the first surgery, my period came on time, but i had weird two week long bleeding at mid-cycle...within a few months it was more normal, although i didn't like it much when it came two times in one month post-op

then, after the other lap something similar happened, but not with the two week bleeding...

just a rearrangement of my cycles...

by the way, i could have lived without my period, because i had SUCH pain! incredible pain post-lap, because of the deep excision and deep adhesions removed...it went on for three months at least...wow

i mean, i didn't bleed for three months, but i had serious serious pain during my period for at least three months...could have lived without it...

but then it went back to pretty normal, although a bout of the flu messed it up a bit...

good luck, and may St Gerard help you in your prayers (he has done so much good in the lives of many I know)

deedee-7766 said...

you might get your hormones checked, but you might also wait, as your body gets back to normal....

Beth said...

Hi Maria Therese,
Sorry about your BFN. Thanks for the comment on my blog! To answer your question, I got my sling at Von Maur - it was 60 bucks on sale for 15. It's a hotsling though - you can look at hotsling.com I believe. I also had one for Madeleine but thought it was too girly for John Paul!! I got that one off Amazon.com.

I had one weird period - really really light after coming off the lupron after my second surgery. Then the next cycle I got pregnant.

My Endo Journey said...

I agree with JellyBean on the bloodwork. I haven't done much background work, but, how long have you not been having periods? How do you chart your cycle? Sorry, maybe I should go back and read ;) saying some prayers your way tonight!

prayerfuljourney said...

I had a pre-op appt for my lap next week done today and my dr told me not to freak if I don't get a period after the lap. He's doing the surgery close to ovulation day so that could cause an problem. So...with that being said...call the dr who did the surgery to find out if that is the case with you. Praying for you!

SBCE said...

Hi,

Thanks for visiting my blog! Now I'm not sure which question. You were asking, "how to chart", but I'd just chart exactly what you see. Green stamp if your body shows what is appropriate for green stamps.

Having a cycle after a surgery? I'd think that would depend on the person. I missed a few cycles coming off the evil Lupron. Personally I think that stuff should be banned.

Should you call the doctor? This is hard to do with all the anxiety you must be feeling, but I'd wait a few days and chart carefully. A NAPRO doctor will want your chart first of all!

Praying for your peace. Love and God bless you and your family,

Ba

allyouwhohope said...

Sorry about the negative test. I also wanted to let you know I took a picture of Angela and me just for you! Check my blog later today or tomorrow to see it :)

If you're asking about where to chart, then yes.. you just continue onto the next line. Then, if your period arrives, you start the next line. I had many a cycle that went past 35 days and had to go onto the next line. For instance, you might end up using just a few days on that line, but that's fine. It definitely made me go through charts really fast though! Hopefully this will be your only really long cycle. Mine weren't post-op, they were pre-op. Hope that helps!

This_Cross_I_Embrace said...

I would guess that the physical stress on your body from the surgery put you into a temporarily anovulatory state. It may eventually calm down and you'll get a delayed Peak/ovulation, however, if you call your NaPro Dr he may have you just jumpstart a menstrual flow so that you don't have to keep waiting... and waiting...

The good part is, what they usually give to jumpstart a menstrual flow is progesterone- which will not hurt a pg if you are pg.

I'll keep praying! But it sounds like your body is going through a natural healing process, so don't be too discouraged!!

Jamie said...

Just want you to know you are still in my thoughts and prayers.