Sunday, April 26, 2009

normal not to get period after laparoscopy? Or Not?

I am feeling a little bit confused right now. I have a question for everyone.

Is it normal after having a laparoscopy (I had one on April 1st 2009)for your period not to come or to be late? I've always been regular. My periods always come on time. They have always averaged around anywhere from 24-28 days. Well today is day 29 and guess what? No period! I'm shocked and yeah, a little confused. Is this normal? Has this ever happened to any of you?

And yes, there is a chance we could be pregnant. We did TTC a few times during my recovery time. But I have no signs (a week ago on Sunday I did feel a little sick once in the morning, but nothing since!)or symptoms.

Last year when I had the first surgery, a lovely laparotomy, my period arrived the day after. Again, I've always been regular. It has always arrived on time.

Thanks!

Love,
MT

8 comments:

JellyBelly said...

hmmm, no advice here since i'm still waiting for my period to arrive sometime this week.

i did spot for almost eight days after my laparoscopy, but that may have something to do with the endo.

i really hope that AF stays away for nine months!!! ;)

Life In Mazes said...

I can't really be of too much help either bc I had alot of irregular bleeding and was so not normal cycle wise before my lap. Will be praying for you!

Anne (aussieannie) said...

Yes it can definately be delayed, it happened with my sister when she had the same op a few years ago, the only time something like that has happened.

Ann said...

Well, having absolutely no experience with this, I must say that I have no earthly idea! But I'll be praying during my Holy Hour tonight that it's for a very good reason...

www.with-my-needle.blogspot.com

Sew said...

Yes it can be delayed. I think I went 40 days without a period. Don't worry. You just a had surgery, your body will regulate...I hope its a pregnancy. ;)

deedee-7766 said...

any surgery is a trauma, and this kind of surgery especially...

i think one of the questions i'll have to ask God (and am asking right now!) if i get the chance is, why oh why, if you have serious pain (horrific) with endo, did the period have to show up pretty much on time every month?

that was mine...but surgeries did throw it off....i trusted that somehow it would work out...my periods, as i have gotten a little older, are little shorter, but after several surgeries, they're still showing up!

do you take progesterone? i'll read some older posts, lol

prayerfuljourney said...

I'm having my lap next week already and I remember my dr telling me that it could delay my cycle and he told us not to TTC the month of the surgery. He wants me to have one cycle first. SO, I don't know what to tell you on that one. Only the Good Lord knows. Praying for you :)

vishnuprasath said...

The main advantage of laparoscopy is that it can be used for both diagnostic and therapeutic (treatment) purposes. Hence endoscopy has become a mandatory investigation in Gastroenterology.