Friday, May 22, 2009

First Menses after Laparoscopy - less pain!

Thank you, dear readers and friends for all your prayers, encouragement, and comments! I really appreciate them all!

The good news is that I survived my first menses after my laparoscopy LOL! In the past when I had my menses due to the horrid endometriosis all four or five days of the menses were so painful that I had to constantly pop prescription pain killers. Now after my laparoscopy only the first two days were painful. When day three of the menses arrived and I felt no pain, I was shocked but pleasantly surprised. I was thrilled when day four and five of the menses were also pain free in this cycle. Wow, is this what a normal menses feels like? And here I thought for years before I was diagnosed with endometriosis stage four that having pain every day of your menses was normal and happened to every woman! NOT true!

Some more good news too! I have now lost thirty pounds and continue to lose every day. My biggest challenge is sticking with this anti- endomentriosis diet, finding things to satisfy my hunger, and staying away from anything with meat or dairy. When I started losing weight in August 2008 on the advice of my Napro doctor, I was barely five feet and weighed 179. Now I weigh 147. I am not sure though what my goal weight should be for my height and build. I am going to ask my Napro doctor during my next appointment on June 19th!

Some other things that have helped and encouraged me are: trying to do more exercise, listening to the new "Letting Go" relaxing CD that I bought last Saturday at an all day workshop I attended for work, and getting myself into bed earlier. Also right now I'm in the middle of praying the rosary, praying a novena to St. Gerard, and a novena to St. Gianna Beretta Molla to either be blessed with a child or to be able to adopt.

Thanks again to everyone for all the encouragement, prayers, and comments! It really means a lot! I will remember you all and your intentions in my prayers especially my daily rosary!

May everyone have a blessed and safe weekend!

Love,
MT

7 comments:

deedee_7766 said...

good for you! the good news is that future periods might be better...the healing should help

i can't imagine what it's like to have a truly 'normal' boring period

i think a weight of about 100 - 120 is good for your height, give or take some pounds for your build....don't stress and if those weights are too thin for you / your build / age, then don't worry...too thin women also have trouble getting pregnant

have you seen this book? i'm reading it, and it looks so good and encouraging..she's the endo diet lady...

i wish i had read it a long time ago! she also works with fertility - i think one version of the book has fertility info

say hello to st gerard for me, i 'owe' the life of one of my nieces to his help, and God's of course!

http://www.endometriosis.co.uk/book.html

JellyBelly said...

congratulations on the weight loss! i can totally understand having a hard time with the endo diet. although i'm enjoying trying new things, i also miss so many of the foods that i used to eat! i'm not as strict as i was when i started over a month ago, but my naturopath told me that it was okay to slip once in a while.

you should look up your body mass index (BMI) online to see what your ideal weight range is.

i can't wait for pain-free menses! you've given me hope that one day i won't feel like i'm going to die because of the pain.

i hope that you're having a great weekend!

prayerfuljourney said...

Wow, that is great that you feeling better. I can say that I am too. Whew! Is your dr putting you on any meds to help with fertility? I'm just curious for the dr who did my recent lap surg wants to put me on some meds. I'm willing to try them after I finish this class I'm taking. I pray this works for you and congrats on the weight loss. That is fantastic. I don't know if I could go without meat or dairy. I'm cutting back. Many blessings.

Jamie said...

I'm so happy for you Maria!! You are doing super!!

deedee_7766 said...

have you seen this site, i forgot about it...they send e-mail offers from time to time

youcangetpregnant.com

deedee_7766 said...

i love this site i found :) there are lots of stories of natural conception and births

and women who did not meet their husbands until 'later' in life

http://pregnancyover44.blogspot.com/search/label/1st

Renee said...

Marie Therese; I was so touched with your beautiful testimony and lovely email in response to my blog posting. I wasn't able to write to you until now, but know that you are a kindred spirit and I am happy to pray for you, for your health and for you to cuddle with a new babe should it be God's plan for your life. Thank you for sharing with me. Thank you for writing. I will treasure your response as I know only too well how painful it is to have fertility issues, and how very real and painful it was for me to even put those emotions into a blog post. God Bless you Marie Therese. :-)