Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Catholic Mommy Bloggers, what is your Secret to being able to get pregnant in your forties? Please share!

As I check out blogs of Catholic Mommies, my question is: What is the secret to being able to get pregnant in your forties? Many of the wonderful blogs I check out on a regular basis were created by lovely Catholic Mommies in their forties who all have young children! Ladies, what is your secret? Does diet and exercise have anything to do with it? Please share!

I tried the dieting and lost thirty pounds....still no baby....

I tried the giving up of the Pepsi.........still no baby.....

I tried praying the rosary, many novenas, ect.....still no baby.....

I tried charting the Creighton Method (A form of NFP).....still no baby....

I had two really FUN surgeries (NOT!)..........still no baby.....

I tried standing on my head after TTC.........still no baby........

I will continue to try to lose more weight, give up the Pepsi, and pray even more rosaries, but I think I've lost hope that I can conceive at all. I will be celebrating my third wedding anniversary on June 16th and in that almost three years we have been TTC, but I haven't been able to get pregnant even once! Not one time!

Should I just give up????

My arm and heart ache....ache so much.....to hold my own baby!

Maybe you could say a little prayer for me? Maybe a rosary? I need them!

Thank you so much!

May God Bless you all!

Love,
Maria

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Have you tried clomid? It is allowed by the Church and if PCOS is your problem it could do the trick. Hubby and I have been trying for 10 years, it is heartbreaking and hard, but God does have a plan. You can adopt for free through the foster care system, maybe that is God's plan for you. I will pray that He leads you to where you should be to see your miracle come to life!

Praying for Hope said...

I started giving up hope that we'd ever become pregnant. I was actually mad at God. I didn't think it would happen and challenged God to prove me wrong: I was sick of being proved right. I didn't think He was listening or cared. Turns out I was wrong. I also think the progesterone suppositories to increase the length of my luteal phase and the thyroid medication to help with the subclinical hypothyroidism didn't hurt.

Jamie Jo said...

There is no trick or "secret". God is not magic. I don't think God works like this: If I do this, I'll get this....

Sorry to be so blunt, but I know you know this.

I think it has to be acceptance of His will. Not our own will. We may never know the answers to our "why?" questions, but God knows.

I've mentioned this before, but, did you check out the "waiting children" in your county? No cost to adopt them and they need loving, caring parents.

I pray mostly that you accept God's will whatever that is and are led by the Holy Spirit. I pray for peace in your heart.

prayerfuljourney said...

THere are no easy answers...God knows. You just have to keep accepting His plan. THy will be done. I think exploring adoption or foster care is a good idea too. None of it is easy but it all could be steps to getting closer to completing your family that you so desire. :)

doctorgianna said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. You have a heavy cross to carry, but what a beautiful faith you have! My heart aches for yours. Sometimes I feel it is unfair that such GOOD women do not have the blessing of children. I will pray for you and please offer up some of those rosaries for me!

Fibroid Shrinker said...

Wishing you the best in your quest.
You might want to check out the book The Fertile Female which I found very helpful. http://amzn.to/cPqanp