Tuesday, February 15, 2011

sensitive to gluten/wheat maybe?

I just read a very interesting post on another lovely Catholic lady's blog. This dear lady also suffers from endometriosis and infertility, just like I do. She wrote how the doctors she has visited tested her and her tests came out that she had strong sensitivities to dairy and wheat. What I found most interesting though was how this lady mentioned that she used an Aveeno skin care product with wheat in it and it caused her face to become very inflamed. This is very interesting to me because:

1) All my life I have been unable to use certain products on my skin. Some of these products had all natural ingrediants and caused my facial skin to become very red and irritated.

2) I was diagnosed in my twenties with sebborheic dermatitis on my scalp. I recently read in a book how sebborheic dermatitis could be caused by gluten sensitivity. When I read this, I remembered years ago how I used a conditioner using wheat protein in it, the next thing I knew my scalp started breaking out in pimples, and I developed an infection called folliculitis. I was told by my primary physician at the time and later the dermatologist, how this was caused by my hair follicles becoming clogged. I was recommended to start using dandruff shampoo (which never really worked for me) and not to use any conditioner. But now I'm wondering, hey could the root of this whole scalp problem really be a possible gluten allergy?

3) After making this discovery, I have been going through all my skin and hair products and giving away anything that lists wheat as an ingrediant.I have also been taking B complex vitamins. My scalp is now feeling a lot better.

I also ordered some wonderful vitamins from Vitacost.com which have caused my cycle to return to normal, cause a decrease in my cramps, and make me feel a lot happier and healthier! I still hope and pray to be able to become a Mother either naturally or through adoption. I am still praying every day for that intention. Could you PLEASE pray for this intention too? I NEED a LOT of prayers - a miracle! I know that God CAN do it if He wants to! I recently prayed the novena to Our Lady of Good Success and one of the evenings I prayed that novena I had a dream that my husband and I were adopting a little girl. Maybe God's will for my husband and I revealed in a dream? Could be. I did wake up the following morning feeling very happy about the dream. It is very rare for me to dream about fertility, pregnancy, babies, or adoption in my dreams. This was a very rare dream. (When I was single with no prospects in sight I used to have dreams sometimes that I was pregnant. Whenever I had those dreams, I would wake up feeling very relieved. Why? Because I think my secret fear was 1) I might never get married and 2) Once married, I would have some kind of fertility issue and be unable to get pregnant. And guess what? I was blessed with meeting the husband of my prayers, but my second fear did come true!).

More on these vitamins in the next post! Stay tuned!

May God Bless you!
Maria

8 comments:

JellyBelly said...

You need to get yourself tested for gf sensitivity! Going off gluten has changed my life for the better!!

A Martha trying to be Mary said...

Hi! I agree with JB. There is a very strong correlation with endo and allergies/sensitivities.

You can do easy blood testt for this and in case its tos expensive try an naturopath or somebody that does kinesiology.

Part of the endo diet is to go wheat free, but some people need gluten free even and see a marked improvement in their health.

Also: there is a strong link between the proteins in wheat and milk. If you have wheat/ gluten sensitivity there is a strong probability of also milk issues.

This is why its important to check both and maybe a whole list of sensitivities out.

Will keep you in my prayers.

I am wheat sensitive and I am also trying to go gluten free and the difference is there. Less inflammation.

deirdre said...

your unusual cycle bleeding is probably bumps of hormones and / or fibroids (big or small)

there are a lot of great gluten free books...and your thyroid is ok? gluten / wheat can affect the thyroid...

a lot of women with endo have problems with gluten and / or yeast (candida)

i, too, have had problems when any kind of product has had wheat in it

what is your B12 level like, your vitamin d?

is that the novena to our lady of prompt succor?

also pray the 9 memorares, my friend told me about this and mother teresa, google that

also, pray to the Pope Pius during WWII

avoid milk

deirdre said...

meaning, bumping up and down, not actual bumps

cut down on sugar, caffeine, high fructose corn syrup

did you read diann mills endo book?

deirdre said...

i read your full post previous...yes, chances are you have fibroids..low progesterone can contribute...i'd get my level tested...i'd get a sonogram...

you WILL NOT need a hysterectomy, do not let someone talk you into it...

you might need surgery, but try somethings to reduce them (like, cut out red meat and milk, use omega 3 oils)...and progesterone, bio identical

i had a big surgery, you might not need it...but talk to a good doctor

dr hilgers does this kind of thing

deirdre said...

sorry to post again, but i didn't want to post in the older section

you need to dump the ''fertility'' guy...i thought i posted about my experience before...they are ALL about money...and not at all about God

have you ever been able to go to the prayer groups that pray in front of the ''clinics'' and get to know women who NEED someone to help save their baby? pray for the baby and mom, but get to know people...a baby might need your help there

run back to the napro doctor, and have faith and faith and faith

do the novena i mentioned

pray every day to St Gerard

is there a St Gerard shrine near you? could you visit?

give up your absolute favorite thing for lent

deirdre said...

i wanted to add one more thing :) get your copper and zinc levels checked... a lot of people have high copper levels, or high ratio (chocolate has copper in it)

most doctors don't know to do this, or do anything...

i have read high copper can contribute to endo cysts (''blood cysts'' is that the name?)

all you need to do is add some zinc, if the ratio or levels are off

deirdre said...

regarding money - will you be able to afford to raise a child?

google '' prolife adoption'' lots of info

contact judie brown at american life league and ask her to help you adopt...they want to save babies

google priests for life and contact them...tell them the same...contact fr pavone or fr peter west...

or look at this site and e-mail them to ask for prayers and help in finding the child you need

http://www.fdofmary.org/

(and you can call any order of nuns and ask for prayers...also go to the miraculous medal site to ask for prayers)

and desertnuns . com